Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Hot Chocolate Mix

During the Christmas holiday season last year 2013, S just asked me if I can make hot chocolate. I started browsing internet for Hot Chocolate recipes, and liked the one by Nupur One Hot Stove.  Luckily I had all the ingredients at home and took 10 minutes to make the mix. My daughter, S, and I liked the flavors of hot chocolate mix prepared without any preservatives. This is still a hit in our home.  In my opinion, the quality and/or brand of the chocolate makes subtle differences in flavor.



Adapted from One Hot Stove

Ingredients
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
6 to 7 oz. chopped semisweet chocolate: about 2 bars or approx 3/4 cup (Used Ghirardelli brand)
2 to 3 oz. chopped milk chocolate: 1 bar or approx 1/3 cup (Used Dairy Milk)
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tbsp. espresso powder
pinch of salt

Method
I used my Preethi Indian mixer to grind the above ingredients together to a fine powder.
Bring the chocolate to room temperature if chocolate is refrigerated, that will help to chop and grind the chocolate easily. You can grind all the ingredients in food processor. These are approximate quantities for chocolate. One can try adding little more or less per taste. I had made this mix using Hershey's  chocolate, however we liked the taste better with the Chocolate brand listed in Ingredients section above. Please note these are my viewpoints, and do not represent in any way any brand naming. Store the mix in airtight container. Add 3 to 4 tablespoons (quarter cup) of mix to 1 cup warm milk, and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment