Pasta salad is a complete colorful satisfying meal in itself. Sun dried tomatoes add the zing factor to the basil pesto which is used as the base sauce for this salad. This salad can be served warm or cold. This pasta can be prepared ahead of time, as the flavors come in more once the pasta is kept rested for several hours. Lately I am enjoying making pasta, and soups. One reason for inspiring me to do this is the No Croutons event! Thanks Jacqueline from Tinned Tomatoes and Lisa Lisa's Kitchen organizer of this event. I adapted the recipe from One Hot Stove. Sending this salad to No Croutons Required-April 2014
Serves 2 adults and 2 kids
4-5 Cherry tomatoes (cut halves)
2 yellow Squash (Roasted at 350 F for 15-20 minutes until cooked)
3 cup Pasta (used mixed of Tricolor Fussilli and whole wheat Fussilli)
1-2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon Balsamic vinegar
2 Tablespoon Basil Pesto (used stored made)
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Pre heat oven to 350 F , and roast the yellow squash for 15-20 minutes.
2. Boil Pasta per the box instructions (I like the pasta little more than al dente).
3. While step 1 and 2 are in progress, Take a big bowl, add vinegar, basil pesto, and Parmesan cheese.
4. Add dried/fresh basil, salt, pepper, cumin powder per taste.
5. Next add the roasted squash, sun-dried tomatoes, cut cherry tomatoes.
6. Add the boil pasta.
7. Cover and let it sit for few hours before serving.Keep it in fridge if serving cold.