Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Eggless Oreo Cookies

I went to a friend's home today, and my daughter got to eat Oreo cookies. After returning from my friend's home, my daughter asked me to buy Oreo cookies for her. I generally do not buy these cookies, as I mostly bake cookies at home for my kids. Though my husband likes to buy these Oreo cookies while going on any fun trip.  Most of the time the big packet would go wasted.  This triggered me to try making these oreo cookies at home.  I googled for eggless Oreo cookies recipe. and finally adapted the recipe from here Gayathri's Cook Spot.


The changes I made to the recipe is to use whole wheat pastry flour instead of all purpose flour. I had to bake the cookies for approx 15 minutes, but this can vary. The dough was hard to roll and cut, so I made round shape cookies with hand. The first batch of cookies was uneven. The second batch was atleast better in shape, though still not perfect. I placed the cookies in airtight container in the fridge per the notes in Gayathri's blog. Hope you get to make and enjoy these cookies for your kids too!

Sending this to Baked Treat for Kids event hosted by Seduce Your Tastebuds , Thanks PJ
Thanks Srivalli for the Kids Delight Post






No comments:

Post a Comment